Thursday, January 13, 2011

Lights, Camera, Actions

   As I've read the Bible several times, I've noticed one thing that has always jumped out to me. It is the fact that there is always a cause that leads to an effect. Whether it is the woman who had many sexual partners, that lead to the "spiritual" people of the day to want to stone her to death (cause and effect), the woman with the issue of blood reaching to touch Jesus' garment, or Job being a blameless man!

   So many times we, unlike Job, bring so many things upon ourselves!Just look at the simple cause and effects of today's society! At every burger shack that you turn around in, it is filled with obese people, because of poor choices that we have made at the counter, notice I said we, because I'm considered to be in that classification.Or the phenomenon that has begun to sweep the nations. The phenomenon of parents not being parents, but trying to be their kids friend. Trying to dress, talk, and walk like there mini me's, instead of being what God has called us to be, parents. To show DISCIPLINE when needed, LOVE when they least expect it, and a SHOULDER TO CRY ON when the weight of the world feels like its on their shoulders!!

   See the old saying is becoming more and more prevalent everyday, but little do we realize that the devil didn't make us do it! We are the ones who ultimately make the decision to do or not to something. As God can never force us to do something, the devil doesn't have that authority either, although we like to pass the blame to him as much as we can.Our Pastor, Bud Plake, has this saying," At the end of the day, a man will do what a man wants to do." This statement is so very true, if i want eggs for dinner, I'm eating eggs for dinner, bottom line and if I choose to sin, its me that sins, not you, my wife, or the devil!

   In being a Modern Day Job we need to start to realize, are we going through a trial, because God ordained it or are we going through a financial crises, because we decided to go out and spend our mortgage money on the coolest and newest gadget on the market. I challenge anyone who reads this blog to examine their lives and figure out if your going through these struggles because its a God thing or am I going through this struggle because of something I've caused. Take a moment and ask yourself what is the cause of this effect I'm going through. Job 1v8, Then the lord said to Satan," Have you considered my servant Job, there is none like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, one who fears God and turns from evil." Job's effect was induced on him for being a just cause, be like Job, blameless and upright.

No comments:

Post a Comment